Wednesday, November 5, 2008

McNary Tunnel






















Today Drew and my dad both had the day off so we decided to let my grandma watch Brock and go on a little picnic. Little did I know that I would be scared for my life the entire time....The road there was horrible! Drew and my dad just had a blast but my mom and I hiked most of the way up. But we oviously made it home alive....barely. The story behind this tunnel is that a guy was trying to make a tunnel through the mountain straight through to Tucson. They hit water though and then the guy sold things that said he was drilling for gold and fled with everyones money. Anyway, its a really neat tunnel but the road there was the worst road (if you could call it a road) ive ever been on! Here are some pics....

No comments:

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker