Wednesday, October 22, 2008

So So SORRY





































Well, its been a while once again. I dont know why Im such a bad blogger. I get on almost everyday to look at blogs but for some reason I never update my own. Finally I decided it needed to be done so everyone can see some pictures of our precious baby boy. Hes quite the porker and changes every day so maybe Ill get better at putting pictures and updates on my blog. Here are some of him his first week of life. We are so in LOVE!!!! Brock Thomas Innes Born: October 13 at 11:37 pm. Weight: 7 lbs 14 oz Height: 19 in. My labor and delivery was great. No horror stories to tell. I went to the doctor Monday morning for my 38 week check-up. I was measuring 2 weeks big and was dialated to a 4. My blood pressure was a little on the high side so he decided to induce me. (I think he could tell I was miserable...) anyway we headed over to the hospital without any of our stuff. We hadnt been planning on having a baby that day! They gave me a pill around 10 am but it didnt do a whole lot so the doctor came and broke my water at lunch. By now my bp was great but he still went ahead with it. After he broke my water the contractions became stronger but still no pain. Around 3 or 4 the epidural guy came in and told me he had heard I was contemplating an epidural and that he was going home and would come back to give me one but it would take him a while to get back so I could have it then if I wanted. After much persuasion from my mom and dad and Drew I decided to go ahead and get it. That was the worst part of my whole labor....getting the epidural. After that everything was great. I dialated from a 5 to complete in 2 hrs however I pushed for 3. But I didnt feel much of anything until the very end. My recovery was quick as well. I felt automatic relief and have felt better everyday. I felt good enough to play dance dance revolution the day after we got out of the hospital. I loved being pregnant but even more I LOVE being a mom.






















8 comments:

Candace said...

OH, he is PRECIOUS!!! What a sweetheart!! So glad everything went to well with the delivery and I hope you all continue to adjust well to a new "boss"!! :)

Ashley said...

Congrats on the baby boy! He is adorable! We are so happy for you guys! Glad to hear everything went smoothly, that makes me feel a little better about whats to come in a few weeks :-) Let us know if you need anything at all!

Collin and Hannah said...

Wow! He's such a cutie and look at all that hair!!! I hear that epidurals are a wonderful thing, I know I'm going to use one. Glad to hear that all is well and good job on that little one, he's a keeper!

Summers Family said...

Congrats! He is too cute! I bet you're excited to get rid of that belly! He already knows where to target too I see!

Sarah said...

Rikki I love him!! I CAN'T WAIT TO HOLD HIM! We are trying so hard to get down there. It's so hard to get back since we were just there 10 days! AH! Babies definitely come on their own schedule. Give him lots of kisses from his favorite Aunt Sarah! Our baby comes in 4 weeks can you believe it?
WE can't!
I love the pics of Brock. He is such a sweetie. I love the on one of you and Drew kissing him...so precious.

payneful life said...

CONGRATULATIONS! He is adorable! I've been wondering if you had the baby. Brock is such a cute name and I LOVE ALL HIS HAIR. Hope life is treating you all very well.

Josh and Katy said...

Hey Drew! This is Katy (Ollerton) Bryce. What a cute baby boy! He looks perfect- we are so happy for you! That is a great name too! :-) Congratulations!

Martha said...

OH, I'm so glad you put some pics on here of Brock!! I can't wait to meet him!! He's so, so cute. I love his "chubs"! And the monkey constume, too. I get first dibs when we see you next. = ) He's going to love his "GREAT" Aunt Marph! I'm glad your labor & recovery have been good. We love you all!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker